Jens Ratsey-Woodroffe

Default Pioneer rear projection convergence

I'm on Long Island, NY in the Smithtown vicinity. The place I called was
the first on the ASC list at PioneerElectronics.com. I'll try another one
today.

If there's anyone in the area who wants to make a quick buck let me know!

J.

"Ampdoc" wrote in message
. ..
Where are you locatd, if they're getting those rates for a 250-300.00 job

need to move!
Stk4277 should be found for less than $80 and that's if they are marking

it
up a lot. They shouldn't have to even pick it up to fix that. Check
www.pioneerelectronics.com for an ASC in your area.

--
Jammy Harbin
J & J Electronics, Inc.
"Jens Ratsey" wrote in message
om...
"Ampdoc" wrote in message

Replace STK4277SL on convergence panel. Resolder all bad connections

on
convergence assembly and power/deflection board. Then you will be good

go!

--
Jammy Harbin
J & J Electronics, Inc.

Thanks for the replies.

I just called a local repair shop and Pioneer dealer. I described the
problem and he estimated around $600 in repairs. He said he'd need to
take out all the circuits and resolder everything, plus of course come
and get the thing.

The estimate has put me off that since I intend to replace the set
eventually with a low to medium end overhead projector that seem to be
around the $1,200 range. It's also no longer my primary set.

I'm not a complete moron with a soldering iron and I'd be happy to
check the boards myself if it weren't for the nasty voltages in a TV
set. Someone suggested getting hold of a service manual - would I be
able to do anything myself (remember I'm in NO way qualified as a TV
repairman!) and if so, how would I go about getting one?

Or is the box just destined for permanent retirement?

J.