Alan Harriman

Default Pioneer rear projection convergence

On 10 Feb 2004 07:21:35 -0800, (Jens Ratsey) wrote:

"Ampdoc" wrote in message ...
Replace STK4277SL on convergence panel. Resolder all bad connections on
convergence assembly and power/deflection board. Then you will be good to
go!

--
Jammy Harbin
J & J Electronics, Inc.

Thanks for the replies.

I just called a local repair shop and Pioneer dealer. I described the
problem and he estimated around $600 in repairs. He said he'd need to
take out all the circuits and resolder everything, plus of course come
and get the thing.

Check around a little more. I think you could get it done for about half that. A
convergence failure is a normally fairly routine repair. You don't necessarily
have to go to a Pioneer ASC, but be sure they are familiar and have experience
with your set. That's still a good model.

Alan Harriman

The estimate has put me off that since I intend to replace the set
eventually with a low to medium end overhead projector that seem to be
around the $1,200 range. It's also no longer my primary set.

I'm not a complete moron with a soldering iron and I'd be happy to
check the boards myself if it weren't for the nasty voltages in a TV
set. Someone suggested getting hold of a service manual - would I be
able to do anything myself (remember I'm in NO way qualified as a TV
repairman!) and if so, how would I go about getting one?

Or is the box just destined for permanent retirement?

J.