Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default 200 quid for chips?

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
dennis@home wrote
wrote

So when the vote goes your way, people voted rightly and
when it doesnt they were 'tricked.' Oh, and now the outcome
doesn't suit you you want some other options instead.

The problem with the referendum is that neither side will get what
they voted for if they voted against immigration or better funding
of the NHS or any of the other promises made by people that
couldn't deliver them. So yes, a lot were tricked into voting one way.

I'd say there's little doubt that the vote was won
by those whose aim was to end immigration.

More fool you. That is nothing even remotely
like a majority of those who bothered to vote.

And give the government a good kicking.

Ditto.

They almost certainly won't get what they
think they were voting for immigration wise,

For the tiny minority who want all immigration stopped, sure.

But there will be a significant reduction in what most
don’t like to see once Britain is able to have the same
rules for EU migration as it does for the rest of the world
and can decide that it wont allow Romanian car cleaners
to show up in Britain with their brats and move into council
houses or what used to be hotels etc at govt expense.

and have likely hurt their own foot
rather more than the government.

Bet that doesn’t happen. Even if the pound does
stay as low as it is currently, that will have ****
all effect on the cost of the **** they buy in pubs,
fast food outlets, currys, ready meals etc.

Unlikely to have much effect on the cost of pet food either.

Depending on which way you voted you will probably think
the others were tricked but time will show which ones were
tricked the most and I would put bets on it being the leave
voters as most of them will not get what they wanted.

Stay will keep most of what we have but at the
cost of any influence in the way the EU is going.

So all in all only the Germans and French win.

I think in this case everyone loses.

More fool you. Britain doesn’t lose when it gets to decide
policy for itself. Whether you lot have enough of a clue to
actually use that capacity effectively tho is up to you lot.