Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 200 quid for chips?

"GB" wrote in message
On 10/07/2016 22:43, Rod Speed wrote:

"GB" wrote in message
On 10/07/2016 16:45, wrote:

Beef dripping has less total calories than palm fat:
http://www.federationoffishfriers.co...l-info-605.htm

If I want fish and chips, I generally don't want a bit of nasty end of
beef mixed in, thanks. YMMV.

I do find *all* chips from fish and chip shops simply awful. I want
crispy and brown. They do pale and soggy. I have no idea why?

Because they dont run the fat hot enough so it lasts longer.

The amazing thing is that the customers buy them.

Presumably because most of them have never tasted any done properly.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 10 July 2016 17:46:14 UTC+1, bm wrote:
"Weatherlawyer" wrote in message
My deep at fryer is taking too long to provide my faraggio of potatage.
Before I brexitit can anyone tell me a good reason besides saving on fuel
why I would do better spending hundreds rather than tens on the Nexit?

http://www.tefal.co.uk/Cooking-appli...g%2Bappliances

Local chippy.

If they don't use dead cow or (smellier) pig then they may be using an oil based on a vegetable I am allergic to. I think I am all-right with corn oil but leguminatti stuff will have me clenching my fingers tightly and spending the night trying to unwind them.

Fug that!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 10 July 2016 15:21:19 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 10 Jul 2016 14:07:53 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
In article ,
T i m wrote:

p.s. On the Sunday Politics show this morning I caught a bit where
they had asked someone why they voted leave and the answer was the
classic 'to stop immigration. When asked if he had considered any
other aspects like a potential negative financial impact on the
country and he answered 'I don't care, it's only me and my dog ...'.

If you watched any vox pops from the areas which were once prosperous, it
was the common reason.

And when they explained there were more immigrants coming into this
country (legally) than those coming in from the EU (also legally) they
seemed stunned (it was definitely 'news to them')?

Stunned because it was such an utterly obvious and pointless point, it's hard to know what to say to it.

When it was
explained that these 'immigrants' were often a) doing the jobs that
many English people wouldn't and b) paying their taxes and buying our
products and c) many industries wouldn't be able to cope without them
... they were even further stunned.

same as the above

However, being stunned didn't seem to stop the auto response of
'well, yeah, but we have too many immigrants ...'

*Every* honest discussion I have seen or heard since has had this
undertone of 'no one fully contemplated the consequences of leaving
the EU', because no one could of course.

discussions by people that haven't engaged brain maybe.

Some however had a reasonably good idea and from a general
man-in-the-street and most experts POV, it now looks like leaving
seems to be more negative (especially in the short term (~12 years))
to most people lives than staying.

for 'looks like' read 'that's the spin I'm hearing on it'

The leavers that aren't seriously (now) considering the consequences
of their actions are generally those who voted Leave for some bogus
and most likely never-to-be-seen-ITRW 'outcome'.

more propaganda

Like, home many *more* immigrants might we see over the next two years
as opposed to those who might have been coming in over the next 10 had
we stayed?

How will the leavers cope with not 180,000 p.a. but 750,000? They will
come even knowing there won't be a job or housing because it's their
'last chance'?

more propaganda

And I don't think you could accuse the BBC of being
pro leave so showing a carefully edited viewpoint.

Nope, they generally show an equal number of both sides.

From when I used to listen to the BBC, it's not the number they play with, but how well thought thought each side's points are. And the real key points are often just not mentioned at all.

It might just be him when the cost of dog food goes up. ;-(

Or even his own food.

If it's delivered by a vehicle it will already be costing more (with
fuel bought against the pound - dollar value).

And that's the point isn't it ...

no

most of the great unwashed have so

I think you'll find the masses do wash these days. Bathrooms & DHW are affordable now.

little idea about the 'bigger picture' of all this it frightens me
that they are allowed to vote.

a separate topic for another thread

I didn't vote (well I voted NOTA [1])
because *I know* I don't know enough about it.

Cheers, T i m

[1] And that's another thing that has often been brought up in these
post Brexit discussions. Had the people been able to vote for a few
more options, we might have got closer to what the people *actually*
wanted than the binary *choice* they were given (or were tricked into
making).

So when the vote goes your way, people voted rightly and when it doesnt they were 'tricked.' Oh, and now the outcome doesn't suit you you want some other options instead.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 01:23:58 -0700, tabbypurr wrote:

And I don't think you could accuse the BBC of being pro leave so
showing a carefully edited viewpoint.

Nope, they generally show an equal number of both sides.

From when I used to listen to the BBC, it's not the number they play
with, but how well thought thought each side's points are. And the real
key points are often just not mentioned at all.

That's up to each campaign/party/side as to who gets put forward for
interview, and how competent they are, of course.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 10 July 2016 21:34:49 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"Syd Rumpo" wrote in message
On 10/07/2016 12:54, R D S wrote:
On Sun, 10 Jul 2016 10:12:02 +0100, GB wrote:

On 10/07/2016 09:47, wrote:
On Sunday, 10 July 2016 09:38:00 UTC+1, Weatherlawyer wrote:

My deep at fryer is taking too long to provide my faraggio of
potatage. Before I brexitit can anyone tell me a good reason besides
saving on fuel why I would do better spending hundreds rather than
tens on the Nexit?

http://www.tefal.co.uk/Cooking-appli...g%2Bappliances

All it's got to do is get hot & lift the chips out. What do you think?

Oven chips are far healthier anyway.

Aren't the ultra low fat air fryers healthier still?

I think Lidl are doing one for 50 quid. Tempted to give it a try.

The Tefal one slowly 'tumbles' the chips with a rotating scoop to ensure
even coating and cooking, it works very well but is expensive. I don't
think the cheaper ones do this.

Apart from using much less oil, it's better than deep frying because you
can add things, for example, a sprig of rosemary, black pepper or a good
pinch of smoked paprika, even some Parmesan towards the end. All this
gets tumbled around with the chips. I like to crinkle cut the chips, or
if the spuds are small, make them more like Tapas.

Because the tablespoon of oil is only used once, you can use just about
any type. For me, it's usually either grapeseed oil for crispness

Interesting. I do something similar, dip whole peeled potatoes
in olive oil currently and then roast them in a convection oven.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Low-p...036436392.html

or a 50/50 mix of olive and chilli oil for flavour.

You know fact the the Italians are not cheating you?
How about the Greeks?

Going to be different now, is it?

I'll try some grapeseed oil if I can find some, the olive oil doesnt
end up as crisp as I want with some of the potato varieties.

Try sauté them for a couple of minutes and then let them drain. Not too wet though unless you like the fried crumbs. Melody is flavour of the month at my house:

https://absolutedeli.wordpress.com/i...ents/potatoes/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 10 July 2016 16:45:35 UTC+1, wrote:
On Sunday, 10 July 2016 13:29:25 UTC+1, T i m wrote:

If you want healthy, don't eat chips at all.

Along similar lines, when buying a sandwich out we to try to go for
stuff on 'multigrain' or 'wholemeal' ...

Less fat in a portion of fish and chips than in a sandwich:

The total fat content of an average portion of fish and chips is estimated to be 48.2g. This compares favourably with a cheese and ham sandwich with mayonnaise which has 51.98g fat and a donner kebab in pitta bread with salad and chips, which has a total fat content of 57.74g.
http://www.greatbritishfishandchips.co.uk/page8.htm

An average portion of fish, chips and peas contains only 7.3% fat of which 2.8% is saturated fat. This compares with 10.8% fat in a pork pie and 16.8 grams you will find in a tuna mayonnaise sandwich.
http://www.federationoffishfriers.co...igures-603.htm

So 2 organisations that promote fish & chips claim they contain less fat than an exceptionally high fat sandwich containing unknown and chosen by them quantities of exceptionally high fat ingredients. More useless information would be hard to find.

Beef dripping has less total calories than palm fat:
http://www.federationoffishfriers.co...l-info-605.htm

220/100g versus 216/100g. Maybe you also noticed they were comparing unequal samples, making such figures completely worthless.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 11 July 2016 09:27:17 UTC+1, Adrian wrote:
On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 01:23:58 -0700, tabbypurr wrote:

And I don't think you could accuse the BBC of being pro leave so
showing a carefully edited viewpoint.

Nope, they generally show an equal number of both sides.

From when I used to listen to the BBC, it's not the number they play
with, but how well thought thought each side's points are. And the real
key points are often just not mentioned at all.

That's up to each campaign/party/side as to who gets put forward for
interview, and how competent they are, of course.

No I'm talking about the various interviews and discussions of audiences, people in the street, letters etc.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
wrote:
And I don't think you could accuse the BBC of being
pro leave so showing a carefully edited viewpoint.

Nope, they generally show an equal number of both sides.

From when I used to listen to the BBC, it's not the number they play
with, but how well thought thought each side's points are. And the real
key points are often just not mentioned at all.

They are vox pops. Rather difficult to select them from only those who
have a good understanding of the subject. That's what 'experts' are for.
Except that the common man was told to ignore those, as they're not always
right. By the leave campaign, of course. Who were rather lacking in
experts supporting them. As is only too obvious now.

--
*Honk if you love peace and quiet*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
wrote

And I don't think you could accuse the BBC of being
pro leave so showing a carefully edited viewpoint.

Nope, they generally show an equal number of both sides.

From when I used to listen to the BBC, it's not the number they
play with, but how well thought thought each side's points are.
And the real key points are often just not mentioned at all.

They are vox pops. Rather difficult to select them from only those
who have a good understanding of the subject. That's what 'experts'
are for. Except that the common man was told to ignore those, as
they're not always right. By the leave campaign, of course. Who were
rather lacking in experts supporting them. As is only too obvious now.

And you are about to see that those so called experts don’t
have any more clue about the result of brexit than they did
about the eurozone or predicting the completely implosion
of much of the world financial system, again, or whether it
made any sense at all to deregulate the banks, either.

With a record like that, only a fool like you takes any
notice of what they claim the result of brexit will be.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:
who were rather lacking in experts supporting them. As is only too
obvious now.

And you are about to see that those so called experts

Ah. Your famous crystal ball. About as much use as you.

--
*Life is hard; then you nap

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote
wrote

So when the vote goes your way, people voted rightly and when it doesnt
they were 'tricked.' Oh, and now the outcome doesn't suit you you want
some other options instead.

The problem with the referendum is that neither side will get what they
voted for if they voted against immigration or better funding of the NHS
or any of the other promises made by people that couldn't deliver them.
So yes, a lot were tricked into voting one way. Depending on which way you
voted you will probably think the others were tricked but time will show
which ones were tricked the most and I would put bets on it being the
leave voters as most of them will not get what they wanted.

Bet they do on Britain being able to decide policy for itself
and so be able to apply the same rules to immigration from
the EU as applys to the rest of the world if it wants to.

Stay will keep most of what we have but at the cost of any influence in
the way the EU is going.

Britain had **** all of that.

So all in all only the Germans and French win.

They'll be losing now that Britain no longer has to
pump billions into the EU every year and they will
either have to make up that loss of income, or get
to wear the fact that the EU doesnt have as much
money to **** against the wall on whatever it likes.

In spades if the eurozone implodes completely
they dont have the money to bail it out.

Even with NATO, there is **** all from
the EU with Britain no longer in the EU.

May not matter much now that war in western
europe is gone now and the military is just
another ****ing great hole to pour billions down.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
dennis@home wrote
wrote

So when the vote goes your way, people voted rightly and
when it doesnt they were 'tricked.' Oh, and now the outcome
doesn't suit you you want some other options instead.

The problem with the referendum is that neither side will get what
they voted for if they voted against immigration or better funding
of the NHS or any of the other promises made by people that
couldn't deliver them. So yes, a lot were tricked into voting one way.

I'd say there's little doubt that the vote was won
by those whose aim was to end immigration.

More fool you. That is nothing even remotely
like a majority of those who bothered to vote.

And give the government a good kicking.

Ditto.

They almost certainly won't get what they
think they were voting for immigration wise,

For the tiny minority who want all immigration stopped, sure.

But there will be a significant reduction in what most
don’t like to see once Britain is able to have the same
rules for EU migration as it does for the rest of the world
and can decide that it wont allow Romanian car cleaners
to show up in Britain with their brats and move into council
houses or what used to be hotels etc at govt expense.

and have likely hurt their own foot
rather more than the government.

Bet that doesn’t happen. Even if the pound does
stay as low as it is currently, that will have ****
all effect on the cost of the **** they buy in pubs,
fast food outlets, currys, ready meals etc.

Unlikely to have much effect on the cost of pet food either.

Depending on which way you voted you will probably think
the others were tricked but time will show which ones were
tricked the most and I would put bets on it being the leave
voters as most of them will not get what they wanted.

Stay will keep most of what we have but at the
cost of any influence in the way the EU is going.

So all in all only the Germans and French win.

I think in this case everyone loses.

More fool you. Britain doesn’t lose when it gets to decide
policy for itself. Whether you lot have enough of a clue to
actually use that capacity effectively tho is up to you lot.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:
who were rather lacking in experts supporting them. As is only too
obvious now.

And you are about to see that those so called experts

Ah. Your famous crystal ball.

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 11 July 2016 16:32:39 UTC+1, dennis@home wrote:
On 11/07/2016 09:23, tabbypurr wrote:

So when the vote goes your way, people voted rightly and when it
doesnt they were 'tricked.' Oh, and now the outcome doesn't suit you
you want some other options instead.

The problem with the referendum is that neither side will get what they
voted for if they voted against immigration or better funding of the NHS
or any of the other promises made by people that couldn't deliver them.
So yes, a lot were tricked into voting one way. Depending on which way
you voted you will probably think the others were tricked but time will
show which ones were tricked the most and I would put bets on it being
the leave voters as most of them will not get what they wanted.

Stay will keep most of what we have but at the cost of any influence in
the way the EU is going.

So all in all only the Germans and French win.

With respect there was bs from both sides, as there is at every vote.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 11 July 2016 17:10:18 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article om,
dennis@home wrote:
On 11/07/2016 09:23, tabbypurr wrote:

So when the vote goes your way, people voted rightly and when it
doesnt they were 'tricked.' Oh, and now the outcome doesn't suit you
you want some other options instead.

The problem with the referendum is that neither side will get what they
voted for if they voted against immigration or better funding of the NHS
or any of the other promises made by people that couldn't deliver them.
So yes, a lot were tricked into voting one way.

I'd say there's little doubt that the vote was won by those whose aim was
to end immigration. And give the government a good kicking. They almost

certainly wasn't why I voted as I did.

snip more remainisms.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 11 July 2016 09:34:53 UTC+1, wrote:
So 2 organisations that promote fish & chips claim they contain less fat
than an exceptionally high fat sandwich containing unknown and chosen
by them quantities of exceptionally high fat ingredients. More useless
information would be hard to find.

Not that hard.

The case for windmills, or invading Iraq, would be two easy examples.

Owain
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:
I'd say there's little doubt that the vote was won
by those whose aim was to end immigration.

More fool you. That is nothing even remotely
like a majority of those who bothered to vote.

Doesn't need to be the majority, cretin. Only enough to swing the vote.

--
*Arkansas State Motto: Don't Ask, Don't Tell, Don't Laugh.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
On 11/07/2016 09:23, tabbypurr wrote:

So when the vote goes your way, people voted rightly and when it
doesnt they were 'tricked.' Oh, and now the outcome doesn't suit
you you want some other options instead.

The problem with the referendum is that neither side will get what
they voted for if they voted against immigration or better funding
of the NHS or any of the other promises made by people that
couldn't deliver them. So yes, a lot were tricked into voting one
way.

I'd say there's little doubt that the vote was won by those whose aim
was to end immigration. And give the government a good kicking. They
almost

certainly wasn't why I voted as I did.

Didn't say you did. Given the small percentage majority, it didn't need
that many to whom immigration was the primary issue to swing the vote.

I take it you never watched TV? In those areas where there was a large
majority to leave, the most common topic by far was immigration.

NT

--
*Would a fly without wings be called a walk?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 12 July 2016 11:14:25 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
tabbypurr wrote:
On Monday, 11 July 2016 17:10:18 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I'd say there's little doubt that the vote was won by those whose aim
was to end immigration. And give the government a good kicking. They
almost

certainly wasn't why I voted as I did.

Didn't say you did. Given the small percentage majority, it didn't need
that many to whom immigration was the primary issue to swing the vote.

I take it you never watched TV? In those areas where there was a large
majority to leave, the most common topic by far was immigration.

People voted brexit for a variety of reasons. Various were discussed in forums, newsgroups etc. And you could just as well say any of those issues swung the vote - they all did. I'm not so sure what media concentrating on something really means.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
wrote:
I take it you never watched TV? In those areas where there was a large
majority to leave, the most common topic by far was immigration.

People voted brexit for a variety of reasons. Various were discussed in
forums, newsgroups etc.

And mostly shown to be lies or gross exaggeration. Or just pure prejudice.

And you could just as well say any of those issues swung the vote - they
all did. I'm not so sure what media concentrating on something really
means.

Sort of talking to everyone yourself, it's the closest you'll get. Pretty
well all the vox pops in the old industrial areas of the UK which now have
high unemployment blamed the EU and immigration as the main reasons for
their plight.

--
*Indian Driver - Smoke signals only*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 12 July 2016 14:09:34 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
tabbypurr wrote:

I take it you never watched TV? In those areas where there was a large
majority to leave, the most common topic by far was immigration.

People voted brexit for a variety of reasons. Various were discussed in
forums, newsgroups etc.

And mostly shown to be lies or gross exaggeration. Or just pure prejudice.

hardly

And you could just as well say any of those issues swung the vote - they
all did. I'm not so sure what media concentrating on something really
means.

Sort of talking to everyone yourself, it's the closest you'll get. Pretty

no, it's not at all.

well all the vox pops in the old industrial areas of the UK which now have
high unemployment blamed the EU and immigration as the main reasons for
their plight.

Ie what the media showed you. So what.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
[...]

Strange wasn't it I wonder why the don't want immigration or want to reduce it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 11 July 2016 17:11:38 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:

With a record like that, only a fool like you takes any
notice of what they claim the result of brexit will be.

With the record we call history only a fool would vote for a politician.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 11 July 2016 18:56:48 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

I forgot to add that I like my chips a little soggy I don't wish to waste time eating them when I could give them a suck.

So maybe the 200 quid version is suspect?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote

I'd say there's little doubt that the vote was won
by those whose aim was to end immigration.

More fool you. That is nothing even remotely
like a majority of those who bothered to vote.

Doesn't need to be the majority, cretin.
Only enough to swing the vote.

Have fun substantiating the claim that
it was those that 'swung the vote'
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
dennis@home wrote
tabbypurr wrote

[...]

Corse that couldn’t possibly have been the media being selective about
what they choose to show of the vox pops, or because those with a bee
in their bonnet about immigration being a lot more likely to choose to
run their bigotry to the media, just like harry does in here, eh ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
wrote

I take it you never watched TV? In those areas where there was a large
majority to leave, the most common topic by far was immigration.

People voted brexit for a variety of reasons.
Various were discussed in forums, newsgroups etc.

And mostly shown to be lies or gross exaggeration.

Just as true of your lot with the lies and gross exaggeration
of any effect on the economy or the 'poor' etc.

Or just pure prejudice.

Ditto.

And you could just as well say any of those issues
swung the vote - they all did. I'm not so sure what
media concentrating on something really means.

Sort of talking to everyone yourself, it's the closest you'll get.
Pretty well all the vox pops in the old industrial areas of the
UK which now have high unemployment blamed the EU
and immigration as the main reasons for their plight.

Corse there is no possibility what so ever of the media being
selective about which ones they broadcast or the more rabid
bigots being more likely to spew to the camera, eh ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Weatherlawyer wrote
Rod Speed wrote

With a record like that, only a fool like you takes any
notice of what they claim the result of brexit will be.

With the record we call history only a fool would vote for a politician.

There is no one else to vote for.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 200 quid for chips? Was potato ballot boxes

Stuffing them with potatoes doesn't work these days.
Especially the crisp rejoinder variety.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 12 July 2016 20:26:31 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
Weatherlawyer wrote
Rod Speed wrote

With a record like that, only a fool like you takes any
notice of what they claim the result of brexit will be.

With the record we call history only a fool would vote for a politician.

There is no one else to vote for.

You have a deplorable grasp of the facts. You at no time refer to the materials used in their manufacture and you expect anyone to reply in agreement?

Volts Not Votes! should be your motto; now get plugged in.
Isn't ther a socket above your neck that you can stick you cock-up. You French freedom fryer.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote

I'd say there's little doubt that the vote was won
by those whose aim was to end immigration.

More fool you. That is nothing even remotely
like a majority of those who bothered to vote.

Doesn't need to be the majority, cretin.
Only enough to swing the vote.

Have fun substantiating the claim that
it was those that 'swung the vote'

Have even more fun trying to prove me wrong.

--
*One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In ,
Rod wrote:

Dave Plowman wrote

Rod wrote

Dave Plowman wrote

I'd say there's little doubt that the vote was won
by those whose aim was to end immigration.

More fool you. That is nothing even remotely
like a majority of those who bothered to vote.

Doesn't need to be the majority, cretin.
Only enough to swing the vote.

Have fun substantiating the claim that
it was those that 'swung the vote'

Have even more fun trying to prove me wrong.

There is no necessity to prove you wrong. You voted to be governed
by an unelected group in Brussels. You also voted for more immigration.
You also voted for lower wages for British workers. Fortunately you
lost. You are free to apply for EU citizenship, or alternatively go back
to your home country of Scotland, who may wish to go independent and
destroy the standard of living which they enjoy at the expense of the
English taxpayers. I'd sooner work to achieve a successful England and
Wales, with Northern Ireland and Scotland free to go their own ways and
also to have a government which is responsible to me, which I can remove
if it fails!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote

I'd say there's little doubt that the vote was won
by those whose aim was to end immigration.

More fool you. That is nothing even remotely
like a majority of those who bothered to vote.

Doesn't need to be the majority, cretin.
Only enough to swing the vote.

Have fun substantiating the claim that
it was those that 'swung the vote'

Have even more fun trying to prove me wrong.

YOU made the claim.

YOU get to do the proving.

THAT'S how it works.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 13 July 2016 20:31:54 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote

I'd say there's little doubt that the vote was won
by those whose aim was to end immigration.

More fool you. That is nothing even remotely
like a majority of those who bothered to vote.

Doesn't need to be the majority, cretin.
Only enough to swing the vote.

Have fun substantiating the claim that
it was those that 'swung the vote'

Have even more fun trying to prove me wrong.

YOU made the claim.

YOU get to do the proving.

THAT'S how it works.

How it works is no-one cares what you claim.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote

I'd say there's little doubt that the vote was won
by those whose aim was to end immigration.

More fool you. That is nothing even remotely
like a majority of those who bothered to vote.

Doesn't need to be the majority, cretin.
Only enough to swing the vote.

Have fun substantiating the claim that
it was those that 'swung the vote'

Have even more fun trying to prove me wrong.

YOU made the claim.

YOU get to do the proving.

THAT'S how it works.

How it works is no-one cares what you claim.

I made no claim.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Capitol wrote:
England and
Wales, with Northern Ireland and Scotland free to go their own ways and
also to have a government which is responsible to me, which I can remove
if it fails!

Good to see the little Englanders alive and spewing.

--
*Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?