Jason D.

Default SONY TV Horizontal Problem...... ART

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 18:23:10 -0700 (MST), (Ken G.)
wrote:

Hey man this is a place where some people want to try possible easy
repairs
the only thing you post is ``take it to the shop`` well DUH everyone
knows that .

Some people are tired of shops charging 200$ to replace a 2$ part in 15
minutes

That's not good assumption. The Sony is expensive unit and key parts
from Sony also are expenive. Just a fly for an Wega 24" is (GASP) 160
wholesale. And it was the bad fly. And we took this at a loss
because the fly almost took all the estimate. BTW, we don't see many
sony stuff but we're authorized to repair theirs for warranty & non
warrenty.

Heck, 32" RCA with that estimate cost is about right for service, 24"
Wega is relicous! But that is SONY fault for over priced parts.

Good shops applies the estimate depending on brand and type of fault,
known cost of parts needed to repair fault tv presents to the tech
during estimating process. At least narrow down to general type of
problem makes estimate more accurate.

200 for 24" or 27" wega is about right and estimate is bit on small
side especially if there's "surprise" expensive part. Last year fixed
an 14" wega with no audio out of warranty for 150.

Cheers,

Wizard