Art

Default SONY TV Horizontal Problem

Best sugestion with your Sony is to take it to an authorized Sony Service
Facility. They will have the necessary tools to diagnose the problem be it
the LOPT or other area.
"Isi" wrote in message
I have a SONY KV-27V26 made in 1997, and it went dead last night. When it
starts the FBT makes a "tzk" noise for a half a second, and then stops. No
visible spark can be seen around the FBT, not even in the complete

darkness.
The noise seems to be louder than normal operation (?), like a continuos
spark, but not sure. Then the power led keeps flashing every second or so.
Is this a short iside the flyback transformer, and is stoped by

protection?
Or is it a short somewhere on the high voltage?
I have a background in electronics, but not too much experience in TV
repair. Any help is much appreciated. I can be also reached at icsaki (at)
hotmail.com

Thanks,
Istvan