Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How to solve problem of scratch on supposed to be flat surface

Butter fired this volley in
:

It is on piece that connects fuel line to fuel filter on 93 Camry. A
crush washer is used to seal off this surface but has scratch going
from OD to ID. It had to of been there before I took line off, and the
banjo bolt was on very tight. I don't want off the part to surface
grind if i don't have to. I'm wondering if these is some epoxy or ? I
could use to fill this very small and shallow scratch. As I said a
crush washer is going over this surface.
I've tried stoning and its not going away. Any ideas?

Looks like you need Permatex PermaShield. According to their specs it
resists gas and can be put into service immediately.

Lloyd