Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How to solve problem of scratch on supposed to be flat surface

It is on piece that connects fuel line to fuel filter on 93 Camry. A crush washer is used to seal off this surface but has scratch going from OD to ID.. It had to of been there before I took line off, and the banjo bolt was on very tight. I don't want off the part to surface grind if i don't have to. I'm wondering if these is some epoxy or ? I could use to fill this very small and shallow scratch. As I said a crush washer is going over this surface.
I've tried stoning and its not going away. Any ideas?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Butter fired this volley in
:

It is on piece that connects fuel line to fuel filter on 93 Camry. A
crush washer is used to seal off this surface but has scratch going
from OD to ID. It had to of been there before I took line off, and the
banjo bolt was on very tight. I don't want off the part to surface
grind if i don't have to. I'm wondering if these is some epoxy or ? I
could use to fill this very small and shallow scratch. As I said a
crush washer is going over this surface.
I've tried stoning and its not going away. Any ideas?

Looks like you need Permatex PermaShield. According to their specs it
resists gas and can be put into service immediately.

Lloyd
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Saturday, July 2, 2016 at 12:20:38 PM UTC-5, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
Butter fired this volley in
:

It is on piece that connects fuel line to fuel filter on 93 Camry. A
crush washer is used to seal off this surface but has scratch going
from OD to ID. It had to of been there before I took line off, and the
banjo bolt was on very tight. I don't want off the part to surface
grind if i don't have to. I'm wondering if these is some epoxy or ? I
could use to fill this very small and shallow scratch. As I said a
crush washer is going over this surface.
I've tried stoning and its not going away. Any ideas?

Looks like you need Permatex PermaShield. According to their specs it
resists gas and can be put into service immediately.

Lloyd

I read the reviews for this at Amazon and one specifically said it will not fill hairline cracks. Several others talked about problems with leakage using it. I'll keep looking and give this a try if i don't find anything better.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 2 Jul 2016 11:52:32 -0700 (PDT)
Butter wrote:

On Saturday, July 2, 2016 at 12:20:38 PM UTC-5, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:
Butter fired this volley in
:

[...]

Looks like you need Permatex PermaShield. According to their specs it
resists gas and can be put into service immediately.

Lloyd

I read the reviews for this at Amazon and one specifically said it will not fill hairline cracks. Several others talked about problems with leakage using it. I'll keep looking and give this a try if i don't find anything better.

Can you apply enough heat to soft solder? Then file that flat...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 02 Jul 2016 12:20:31 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Butter fired this volley in
:

It is on piece that connects fuel line to fuel filter on 93 Camry. A
crush washer is used to seal off this surface but has scratch going
from OD to ID. It had to of been there before I took line off, and the
banjo bolt was on very tight. I don't want off the part to surface
grind if i don't have to. I'm wondering if these is some epoxy or ? I
could use to fill this very small and shallow scratch. As I said a
crush washer is going over this surface.
I've tried stoning and its not going away. Any ideas?

Looks like you need Permatex PermaShield. According to their specs it
resists gas and can be put into service immediately.

Lloyd

^5 !!

---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I don't want off the part to surface
grind if i don't have to. I'm wondering if these is some epoxy or ? I
could use to fill this very small and shallow scratch. As I said a
crush washer is going over this surface.
I've tried stoning and its not going away. Any ideas?

Looks like you need Permatex PermaShield. According to their specs it
resists gas and can be put into service immediately.

BTW... you mentioned that it doesn't "fill cracks". You're NOT FILLING
CRACKS... just scratches!

Lloyd