Posted to rec.woodworking
G. Ross G. Ross is offline

Default Gluing Broken MDF

Lee Michaels wrote:

"-MIKE-" wrote

Don't pay attentions to all the wives' tales about over-pressure and all
that crap.
Just f'n glue it, sand it, paint it, have a beer and enjoy life.

I just can't help myself...

Is it OK if I substitute tequila for the beer? Otherwise, good advice.

I was working on some small wood boxes for the wife last night. I had to
putty in some small holes. I have not bought any wood putty for a long
time. I was reading the instructions to see if things have changed. I
found two big changes in the instructions.

1) No clean up instructions. Apparently you just let the putty harden on
your tools and break it off later with a hammer. I used paint thinner.
That worked OK.

2) You are not supposed to apply the wood putty to your eyes??????
Something I never thought about. But this was more important than clean up
instructions, apparently.

More important: Does it cause cancer in California?

--
GW Ross

Some people act crazy, others aren't
acting.