Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Gluing Broken MDF

On Wednesday, June 29, 2016 at 2:30:53 PM UTC-4, wrote:
"-MIKE-" wrote

Don't pay attentions to all the wives' tales about over-pressure and all
that crap.
Just f'n glue it, sand it, paint it, have a beer and enjoy life.

I just can't help myself...

Is it OK if I substitute tequila for the beer? Otherwise, good advice.

I was working on some small wood boxes for the wife last night. I had to
putty in some small holes. I have not bought any wood putty for a long
time. I was reading the instructions to see if things have changed. I
found two big changes in the instructions.

1) No clean up instructions. Apparently you just let the putty harden on
your tools and break it off later with a hammer. I used paint thinner.
That worked OK.

2) You are not supposed to apply the wood putty to your eyes??????
Something I never thought about. But this was more important than clean up
instructions, apparently.

You can only fit so many letters on the label. The lawsuit for puttied eyes would cost
them more than the lawsuit for puttied tools.