Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bostitch Nailgun SB-1850BN (air at trigger, does not cycle)

On 6/28/2016 5:18 PM, wrote:
I have done all of the above suggestions with my SB 1842bn including replacement parts,including oiling all the O-rings, cycling the piston by hand, and including checking the air pressure plus having the proper nails, and it still leaks at the trigger. I've gone through the gun three times, making sure there are no burrs on the piston shaft. The only thing I can find is that the piston seems to hang up ever so slightly towards the top of the cylinder. After applying more oil it seems to move fairly well. btw - I'm a former machinist so I know my way around a wrench. Now what do I do? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you very much.

Have you contacted the company that made the tool,
see what their customer service can advise? The one
or two times I've done that, I've been very pleased.

My highest respect for TPI brand natural gas leak
detectors, who helped me diagnose a bad detector
when I called the toll free number. I'd got the unit
on Ebay, and they didn't owe me any thing. But they
were so completely nice about it.
http://www.tequipment.net/TPI720b.asp

--
..