dmc

Default Sound proofing wall

In article ,
Ash1 wrote:
My neighbour is deaf and has to have the tv blasting out. As its a
semi detached house and built in 1991 the party wall is only breeze
block and plaster board. My bed actually rests on the wall which her
tvs on. I s there anyway I can soundproof the wall,Ive looked in BQ
but they dont have anything. Any ideas?

Brother in law had this problem - he works for the council and had a word
with relevant dept who put in touch with a sound proofing company. They have
just finished and it has made a big difference. It seems to be platerboard
with a rigid foam on the back. Its fitted to the wall using special metal
brackets that are designed to not transfer any vibration. The bumph that
came with it claims that it is used in recording studios.

Didn't seem heavy enough to me but it has made a suprising difference!

Ask your council noise people for advice. If you can't get anywhere I will
see if he knows what it is called. It wasn't cheap though...

Darren