Posted to alt.home.repair
Micky[_3_] Micky[_3_] is offline

Default Unable to remove Moen faucet cap

On Tue, 21 Jun 2016 18:14:49 -0400, Dan Espen
wrote:

writes:

I'm trying to change a cartridge in a Moen bathroom faucet (2 handled
chateau style, see picture below). the problem is that I cannot even
remove the top cap to remove the handle. they say use a screwdriver
or sharp instrument. It doesn't work. I keep scratching the cap.
And suggestions?

https://www.amazon.com/Moen-4920-Cha.../dp/B000TFD6C0

Try he

http://www.moen.com/customer-support...al?id=moen0132

Looks to me like the cap should pry off.

It does say a flat-headed screwdriver. That's ridiculous. Even the
smallest are thicker than a knife edge.

And the drawings in 4a and 5a don't match the words.