Posted to alt.home.repair
Wade Garrett Wade Garrett is offline

Default Unable to remove Moen faucet cap

On 6/21/16 8:02 PM, Frank wrote:
On 6/21/2016 5:13 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
wrote:
I'm trying to change a cartridge in a Moen bathroom faucet (2 handled
chateau style, see picture below). the problem is that I cannot even
remove the top cap to remove the handle. they say use a screwdriver
or sharp instrument. It doesn't work. I keep scratching the cap.
And suggestions?

https://www.amazon.com/Moen-4920-Cha.../dp/B000TFD6C0

Straight pin or a needle to get it open far enough to insert a putty
knife
of other thin blade . Be SURE you're at the line where the cap meets the
handle ...

That or a knife blade is what I'd do. If you break it Moen may most
likely have a replacement to sell you although may not be cheap.

De-grunge the joint with a stiff bristle brush. Maybe let a little
penetrating oil sit around it overnight?

--
With all this “gun control” talk, I haven’t heard one politician say how
they plan to take guns away from criminals and terrorists— just from law