Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Faulty water meter?

On 6/21/2016 6:27 PM, Micky wrote:
On Tue, 21 Jun 2016 15:22:11 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 6/21/2016 1:16 PM, John D wrote:
On Wednesday, November 8, 2006 at 11:22:30 AM UTC-5, DAVID ALEXANDER wrote:
Last week, when I got my water bill, it was a whopping $185.00. On checking
my water meter, it was spinning at the rate of about 3 gallons per minute.
I checked for anything leaking in the house and didn't find anything. The
same for the outside faucets. There's no evidence of water leaks outside,
no damp spots, etc.

...but really, the odds are it's going somewhere. Sounds like A LOT too. I'd normally say check your toilets, but you may have a pipe under the foundation or something that burst, creating a nice little sinkhole. That's not the water company's problem.

Wonder if he found the problem, since the
first post in 2006?

He found it, just before he drowned.

I wonder if he'd be alive if he had AR-15
assault rifle? Hollow plastic stock, could
have used it to float to safety.

These threads are so much more interesting
with the follow up. Thank you.

--
..
Christopher A. Young