Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Impact wrench (air) repair

Larry Jaques wrote:

It takes me decades to go through a quart of Marvel Mystery Oil.
It's likely just ATF glorified with additives, but I love the unique
smell, too.

MMO is what Chicago Pneumatic ships as air tool oil.
It's basically a mineral oil with stoddard solvent along with a couple
types of dichlorobenzene to dissolve carbon and varnish. If you ever
tear apart a high speed air motor, take a look at the vanes. Most will
have carbonized oil on them because of the friction between the bore and
the vanes.

--
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives
the test first, the lesson afterwards.

--
Steve W.