Posted to alt.home.repair
dangerous dan dangerous dan is offline

Default Watch Trey Gowdy Eviscerate DHS For What Its Doing To Our 2nd Amendment

wrote:
The problem with banning citizens on the terrorist watchlist or €śno fly list€ť from buying guns is simple. How will you know you have been placed on the list? You wont until you try to fly or buy a gun. You will receive no prior notice or hearing. So, what if the government made a mistake? You have to petition the government to say why you shouldnt be on the list, but heres the kicker €” most times, you wont be told why you were ever put on the list. How do you defend yourself when you dont even know the accusation?
After you give your blind plea, trying to declare why you shouldnt be on the list that you have no idea how you got on, you wont know if your argument had any bearing until you try to fly or buy a gun again. Imagine this headache. Worse, imagine all the ways you could end up on this list when you shouldnt be there. Its a back door for our government to deny our Second Amendment right without reason.
http://madworldnews.com/trey-gowdy-dhs-2nd-amendment/

That's another one of those things where as long as it happens to someone else people aren't going to care.