BH

Default CTC187CJ3 Hourglass shaped image

Model: F32672SB
Chassis: CTC187CJ3

I am trying to repair this 6-7 year old RCA 32" colottrack TV that has
a hourglass shaped picture. After reading multiple suggestions in
this group to check the main 680uf / 200v cap, I did. I then opened
the case and inspecting the board, where I also found that the degauss
thermistor RT4201T had become de-soldered. I re-soldered the degauss
thermistor and replaced the cap with one from digkey.com (p/n
P11731-ND). I turned the TV on, the picture was restored to full
size, and then I watched it for a hour or so. It continued to be work
as desired for a few power cycles over the coarse of 24 hours. Now
the hourglass shape has returned and the degauss filter has split into
two pieces. I am not an expert, I did take some electronic classes in
college, and would like to fix own TV. Though I doubt it is related
(it is my main motivation for getting my TV fixed) the hourglass
shaped picture began to happen shortly after I connected my DirectTV
DVR. So now I am forced to watch all the great shows Tivo records
with a distorted display. Any advice on how to fix the hourglass
shape and where to purchase the degauss thermistor from is greatly
appreciated.