Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Five lever lock matters

On Sat, 18 Jun 2016 10:18:37 +0000, Tim+ wrote:

Do you think fitting three locks is sensible or necessary or is the
request for multiple locks and key changes a sign of impending dementia
(which I would agree with).

The third lock seems like a bodge solution by the OP rather than a
request fuelled by dementia.

The other two...if 'sash lock' means a 'slam and lock' one, then
combining that with a mortice is not uncommon. The former for when you're
in during the day, the mortice for added security at night or when out.

I reckon taking spare locks, then fixing the removed ones later, is the
easiest and cheapest.