Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Five lever lock matters

On 17/06/16 22:15, wrote:
On Friday, 17 June 2016 21:50:36 UTC+1, Tim+ wrote:
Murmansk wrote:

I fitted two five lever mortise locks on the front door of a friend who
lives 130 miles from me, one a sashlock and one a deadlock, both by ERA and keyed alike.

I now find that she no longer trusts someone with whom she left a key for
emergencies and doesn't want to claim the key back from them and anyway
she can't be totally sure they've not made a copy.

I've been pondering the options - if there were any decent locksmiths
nearby I'd take both locks there and get them to swap the levers round
but there aren't so it's either new locks
or maybe add a third lock?

For some locks you can get sets of levers & key.
Or swap the levers yourself & have a locksmith cut new key. If the lock is of the sort where you can swap them.

Definitely not. This way madness lies. She clearly has insecurity/paranoia
issues already. Adding more locks will not help. She only needs one good
lock.

someone's imagination appears to have run away with them.

Well exactly.

It so mimics some one I knew's descent into dementia.

NT

Josef Stalin