Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default ToolSatan/Screwfix - no insulation washers?

On 18/06/16 02:25, Chris French wrote:
Tim Watts Wrote in message:
On 17/06/16 19:36, Andy Burns wrote:
Tim Watts wrote:

http://www.pureadhesion.co.uk/images...ng-Washers.jpg

Either of these close enough?

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/d210/sd2738/p82863
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/d210/sd2797/p83130

No sadly.

These are for fixing to wood. I have just found that Travis have them
(galvanised rather than stainless[1]) so I will leg it over tomorrow
first thing, assuming they have stock.

[1] Should be fine - they're not in a wet or damp application, so
galvanic corrosion between these and the ali foil face of the celotex
should not be an issue.

OTOH I'd use SS for celotexing a wooden workshop

When I fixed some celotex up (internal on a solid brick wall I
just used some penny washers iirc.

I was just wondering about that The one thing the "correct" washers
have is they are countersunk, so the whole thing pulls in flush which is
handy if overlining with plasterboard as we are.