Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Trade agreements

whisky-dave wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
whisky-dave wrote

This means that we currently have no trade deal with
USA, NZ, Australia, China or India to name but a few.

So your saying if we vote out I wn;t be able to
order a New Mac or buy a T-shirt from china.

If we don't have a trade deal with china how can we buy their steel ?

Why do you think anyone would refuse to sell you anything?

if someone bullied you into not letting you sell stuff
such by putting in tarriffs on vital products like food.
That is what tarriffs are for isn't it ?

Nope, the current relatively low tariffs are just
about making the local suppliers of whatever
it is more competitive than those outside the EU.

It's getting others to buy your goods that is the difficult bit.

Apparently we have a company that makes good hovercraft (we
invented them didn;t we) countries outsite the EU want to buy then
but teh EU refuse to let us sell them unless we add 50K to the price.

That is a lie. Nothing like that happened.

Perhaps this is because Germany can;t compete.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

So you have money to buy the things you want.