Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Trade agreements

"Mark Allread" wrote in message
On Fri, 17 Jun 2016 06:45:45 -0700, whisky-dave wrote:

On Friday, 17 June 2016 14:07:09 UTC+1, Adrian wrote:
On Fri, 17 Jun 2016 06:17:33 -0500, Mark Allread wrote:

I just picked up a snippet of information showing that those who said
the UK is already negotiating its own trade deals is wrong as we
aren't allowed to do so whilst in the EU.

Correct. And that's been the situation since we joined the common
market in 1973.

This means that we currently have no trade deal with USA, NZ,
Australia,
China or India to name but a few.

The EU has no trade deal with the USA - that's what TTIP will be.

I can go into the Apple store in stratford 'city' and by a computer.

I'm not into cars but I'mm pretty sure I could buy a car made in the
USA.

You do understand what a trade agreement is don't you?

The EU has no trade deal with Australia or NZ - last year, there was an
announcement that discussion towards one would be starting in 2017.

So no boomerans until, no fosters lager :-@ then how will we survive.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...-to-australia/

exporting-to-australia

Contact a UKTI Australia export adviser for a free consultation if
youre interested in exporting to Australia.

Great - have you considered what a trade agreement is and what it means?

why don't they say "No chance you ****wit if you live in the UK..
"Over 1,000 British businesses operate in Australia, including
well-known companies like BP, HSBC, Virgin, British Airways and BT, as
well as hundreds of small and medium sized companies. Australia is
ranked by the World Bank as the 10th easiest country in which to do
business. You can set up a new business in Australia within 2 days."

Hmm 2 of those listed are not UK owned of course so its arguable that
they are British businesses

Now you tell us why it takes 2+ YEARS for a trade deal with the EU

Because if we opt out then its not in their interests to have a trade
deal with us.

we have about 80 chineses research studetns about one a week get's
their PHD from us at this moment in time.

??? since when was a Chinese student a trade agreement??? They come here
because of the benefits of a UK university - but how long will such
benefits be around once the EU pulls its grants for research?

For as long as the chinese economy allows
their parents to pay for that education. And
they do **** all in the way of research there.