Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Trade agreements

On Fri, 17 Jun 2016 18:32:06 +0100, tim... wrote:

Of course the UK would need to negotiate any trade deals, since
there are no deals in place currently between the UK and any other
nation. We could ask for any pre-existing EU deal to be the basis
of it, assuming that's what we wanted to have, but until that was
negotiated and agreed, there would be nothing in place.

You know that and I know that and the Vote Leave campaign knows
that but sadly from the exchanges on here too many Brexit
supporters do not.

Indeed we do not, because it is not true!

You don't need a trade deal to trade.

Who - apart from Whisky Dave - ever thought you did?

You, when you said we needed to negotiate any trade deals.

We dont.

We certainly do.

Unless we're not going to have any trade deals at all.

We will use standard WTO rules until we can negotiate something better.

Great, so we're all agreed. Lovely.