Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Help with phone type connectors?

On 17/06/16 13:26, newshound wrote:
My lad needs an extension lead for an aircon controller and I am
struggling to identify the plug / socket name.

It's not an ordinary "ethernet" (RJ45?) or what I think of as the DSL
lead (RJ11?) although it looks very much like that. But the plug is only
7.5 mm wide, rather than 9.5 for the DSL. (That's the dimension spanning
the conductors).

RJ10?

http://www.leadsdirect.co.uk/knowled...45-connectors/

However it appears to be the same as the type of lead which goes
directly into some phone handsets.

Mr. Google is not being very friendly to me today, it's not *obviously*
an RJ series.

TIA

Steve