Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Todesco Art Todesco is offline

Default Warning ... Whirlpool Fridge Unserviceable

On 6/15/2016 10:42 AM, wrote:
It's been 5 years since Art posted his cleaning problem, so if he cleans it every 2 years he has cleaned it twice since his OP. He is still lurking in this group and has not posted about this particular problem again, so his air compressor must do the trick. He could tell us how he cleans up the dirt from the fridge/freezer that now is scattered all over his kitchen or wherever he keeps the freezer.....

Well, I replaced the fridge because the door arrangement just didn't fit
in you kitchen. We originally wanted the French door thing, but at that
time, they were new and very pricey. The condenser coils were on the
bottom right side, near the front. But to clean the coils, you really
had to access it from the right side of the unit which of course, is a
solid side, which was not good. So, I put the vacuum hose on the left
side of the condenser unit and ran an air hose up from the basement to
blow it out injecting the air in the right side. The vacuum picked up
most of the blow through, but some did still come out. What a pain. I
replaced it with another WP French door unit which was pretty nice,
however, I have yet to look for the coils. And, the big problem is this
unit is susceptible to power glitches. We were gone for a week and came
home to a unit that had shut down and all the food spoiled. When I told
the "WP Experience Center" (and it WAS an experience) that a
refrigerator must be fault tolerant and must run 24/7/365, she told me
that is worked as it should and that's it. I asked if they have it in
their sales brochure, that it shuts down and spoils food ... no answer.
I'm still working this one. More later.