Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default Anyone got any ideas for stiffening 300 micron acetate sheet?

On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 17:39:41 +0100, alan_m
wrote:

On 14/06/2016 17:16, MM wrote:

bookshelf. The 18mm width just looks "right" somehow, since the shelf
thickness is about 19mm.

I've found the 'compatible' tapes available on Ebay work perfectly in my
machine and much cheaper than the Brother branded tapes.

But are they low tack like the Brother ones?

Black text on a fluorescent yellow or green background could be an
alternative to your back on white scheme.

Well, not on my bookshelves, where I prefer 'sedate' black on white,
but when I read that different colour tapes are available I'm sure
there is plenty of stuff in the garage and around the house that could
be labelled.

Have you had any experience with the Windows 7 application from
Brother? I skimmed the online PDF manual about it and it looks as if
one can bypass the actual labeller and do everything from Windows. But
whether that is an advantage or not, I don't know. And what if Windows
7 is currently not fired up? My labeller would work standalone, even
on batteries.

By the way, I started out on the road to neater labelling 40 years ago
when I bought my first sheets of Letraset! Goodness, how that takes me
back!

MM