Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Hole in thin steel

wrote in message
On Tuesday, 14 June 2016 19:32:32 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
tabbypurr wrote in message
I want to make about a 1.25" hole in the base of a few food cans. What's
the best option?

32mm ARMEG Acceler8%.

Probably the best steel hole cutting saw I have ever used.

If you have other uses for them then consider buying a kit with different
sizes and spare springs etc

Surely this can be done with a knife. It's what canopeners do. The
question in my mind is what sort of knife, and what to rest the can base
on etc.

Punches are overly expensive for a few cans, and IMLE distort the f out of
what they cut. Holesaws are possible, but it sounds a painful option.

You have answered your own question. Buy a sharp knife and use your wrists
to support the can base when cutting the hole.

--
Adam