Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Thus spake a kipper...

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 13 June 2016 00:47:11 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Fredxxx wrote:
I'm thinking of my children, not having to compete with immigrants
from developing countries.

Then educate them. And instil in them a desire to work and succeed.

It's difficult with schools now as they keep changing the way they teach
and what,

The schools don't keep changing things. They are told to by a government
who always thinks it knows more about teaching kids than teachers.

then you have a mass influx on non english speakers, so the teachers
end up having to help them more than anyone else.

If they can't speak English, no point in them being in an ordinary school.
They should be in a special language class until up to the same sort of
standard as their peers.

Most know that unless you can get a high level of education your chances
of a job is limited because the attitute is we can get them from
overseas almost immediatley rather than having to wait for them to be
trained up.

Right. So down to employers rather than immigrants? Odd then to blame
immigrants for stealing jobs.

Odd, isn't it? The right wing little Englanders consider themselves
the master race - but can't compete for a job with ill educated
foreigners who can't even speak English. In their own country.

They can compete on a level field, but when you have lots of peole
willing to work for far less than the minium wage because even at that
level it's higher than a good wage in their country they are prepared to
live 5 to a single room.

Isn't it illegal to pay under the minimum wage? So we now have our
government to blame for not enforcing their own legislation and employers
for taking the easiest route. But let's just blame the EU instead.

Whatever your skill is there's someone in another country that's willing
to do it for less. As I said it's happened to a friend of mine and it
will continue to happen, bur not everyone can ignore it.

Isn't that simply excellent capitalism? Competition bringing down prices?
Everyone on here thinks it's a flawless system. Except, of course, when it
has a direct impact on them.

--
*Procrastinate now

Dave Plowman London SW