Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default is poplar a strong enough wood to support a large granitecountertop (poplar corbels)?

On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 8:23:18 AM UTC-4, Sonny wrote:
We don't know anything about the counter/countertop, other than the granite top is large.

the less-than-specific description of a "large" counter top.

I used to work for a (former) Fortune 500 company and attend a lot meetings
with the head of our Global IT Department. If she asked you what something
would cost or how long it would take and you answered "Oh, it won't cost much"
or "That is going to take a long time", the rest of us would cringe, sit back
and watch the show.

"I can not plan a budget around "It won't cost much". I can not assign
resources based on an estimate of "a long time". I need actual numbers.
Either refine your answers at this time or tell me when I can expect an
answer that I can actually use."

Assuming you hadn't ****ed her off before, you usually had one more chance
to provide a detailed estimate, although I have seen project managers be
replaced even after one non-nonchalant utterance of "Oh, not too much".