Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Thus spake a kipper...

"Nightjar" wrote in message
On 13-Jun-16 12:07 PM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 13/06/16 10:58, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Nightjar
wrote:

On 12-Jun-16 7:59 PM, Fredxxx wrote:
On 12/06/2016 19:56, Adrian wrote:
You mean if we stay in the EU

We are very unlikely to leave, even if the first referendum results in
a leave win. The government and a large majority of MPs want us to
stay.

So if Leave wins by say 60/40, they'll just ignore it, you mean?

That's what he seems to say yes...

Except that I don't see a 60/40 vote as very probable, unless the turnout
is very low.

And that is unlikely given the result that was seen in Scotland.

In that case, a 60/40 split will either be a thorough endorsement of the
government's stance, or too small a sample to be representative of the
will of the people, depending which side gets the 60%. In practice, I
expect the results to be close, after lots of recounts.

Me too. And the bookies clearly still
believe that the result will be to stay.

Hard to believe that that will change in just 2 weeks now.