Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default Thus spake a kipper...

On 13-Jun-16 10:58 AM, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Nightjar
wrote:

On 12-Jun-16 7:59 PM, Fredxxx wrote:
On 12/06/2016 19:56, Adrian wrote:

You mean if we stay in the EU

We are very unlikely to leave, even if the first referendum results in
a leave win. The government and a large majority of MPs want us to stay.

So if Leave wins by say 60/40, they'll just ignore it, you mean?

That is an improbable result. However, as I have said before, what I
expect to happen if the vote is to leave is that the government will go
back to the EU and ask for more concessions. Those will then be put to a
second referendum. If the public don't get that one right, then ignoring
the vote would be an option, although they might go through the motions
of putting legislation to parliament, in the knowledge that the vast
majority of MPs support remain and will vote it down. It is, after all,
what the leave party say they want - the UK government making all the
decisions.

Colin Bignell