Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default New term learned - source of machine screws?

On 10 Jun 2016 19:36:10 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 17:17:59 +0100, rick wrote:

On 24/04/2016 13:38, Tricky Dicky wrote:
Obviously some people here never had a Meccano set in their yoof

building. Wonder if its still going.

It is...although they have gone down the route that Lego took...you buy
'sets' to make something specific, most of the time.

Meccano had long down that route decades before with some items having
specific parts that were intended only for that Item.
Aeroplanes were popular,There was one of these knocking around at my
grans house that I used to play with,
http://www.alansmeccano.org/images/AeroConstuctor02.jpg
It had been my Uncles rather than my Fathers so it remained there.
Racing cars kits were also popular.

G.Harman