Posted to uk.d-i-y
Another John Another John is offline

Default UK government spending

In article ,
harry wrote:

On Sunday, 12 June 2016 19:26:07 UTC+1, dennis@home wrote:
On 12/06/2016 10:34, tim... wrote:

"Bob Martin" wrote in message

Spot the contribution to the EU : https://is.gd/CfCBeM

Gross: it's 1% of GDP

Nett: about half that

what's your point?

tim

Its somewhat less than that, about 0.4% before refunds, etc.
Compare that to the interest on the national debt.

The main issue is about sovereignty.

Your main issue changes, depending on which particular main issue is
having holes picked in it by the Remain camp.

Further "The main issue" depends on which particular Brexiteer you're
talking to. The Leave camp is made up of disparate, and potentially
antagonistic, troops of self-interested bigots. Should the Leave Camp
"win" (and you might), this will become instantly apparent, and we will
have chaos, if not anarchy. Then we'll get back to the Good Old Days of
18th century Britain, just like you all want.

J.