Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Thus spake a kipper...

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Fredxxx wrote

I'm thinking of my children, not having to compete
with immigrants from developing countries.

Then educate them.

Easier said than done with the worst of them.

And instil in them a desire to work and succeed.

Impossible. They either have that or they don’t.

Odd, isn't it? The right wing little Englanders consider themselves
the master race - but can't compete for a job with ill educated
foreigners who can't even speak English. In their own country.

Its more that the drivers are very different. The locals can just put their
hands out to the state for benefits if they are feckless/unemployable.
The immigrants by definition are the small subset of where they are
coming from who are prepared to get off their arses and move to
somewhere where they rightly or wrongly consider their prospects are
significantly better and are mostly coming from countrys which hand
out sweet **** all in the way of benefits to those who choose not to work.

Its hardly very surprising that the parents of kids who they know
consciously or subconsciously need a boot in the arse before they
will actually put much effort into anything, would prefer it if no
immigrants were allowed in so their brats are free to choose
what work they will do without much effort to get qualified etc.