Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Holford[_4_] Chris Holford[_4_] is offline

Default What is so bad about plasterboard?

In article , Brian-Gaff
writes
Several messages both on Usenet and from people I know seem to suggest that
most recycling or waste sites run by councils won't take plasterboard,
saying its a hazard. Excuse me, but my ceilings are made of the stuff, if it
was in any way dangerous, we surely should have figured this out by now!
Maybe its just hazardous to the machinery that crunches everything up....
Brian

The gypsum can be recycled to make new plasterboard.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gypsum_recycling
--
Chris Holford