Posted to uk.d-i-y
Slomo Slomo is offline

Default OT Industries we have lost since being in the EUSSR.

"Capitol" wrote in message
o.uk...
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In ,
Brian wrote:

I'm not so sure about Steel, though I do believe that we need to look at
where the holes in the market are on this one and do stuff better or
cheaper where we can. Besides, many countries do tend to dump things to
weaken the home producers, seems to be a common thing. The Americans
seem to have used trade tariffs to redress the balance. The other items
you mention who compete from a less well paid country with poorer
helth and safety do wrankle a lot with people but as you say has sod
all to do with the EU.

Odd, isn't it?

Saudi has dumped large quantities of oil on the world market depressing
the price dramatically. Decimating our North Sea oil industry. But
everyone is happy because fuel prices are lower at the pumps.

The same happens to steel, and people are up in arms.

North sea oil is still viable even at these lower prices. You can shut
down an oil well on a temporary basis, or reduce output. You can't do that
with a blast furnace.

Of course you can.