Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default What is so bad about plasterboard?

"polygonum" wrote in message
On 12/06/2016 15:18, Brian-Gaff wrote:
Several messages both on Usenet and from people I know seem to suggest
that
most recycling or waste sites run by councils won't take plasterboard,
saying its a hazard. Excuse me, but my ceilings are made of the stuff, if
it
was in any way dangerous, we surely should have figured this out by now!
Maybe its just hazardous to the machinery that crunches everything up....
Brian

Might be an entirely separate issue, but a lot of plasterboard is or was
given an Artex treatment, which for quite a number of years contained
asbestos.

It has nothing to do with asbestos.

It's a recyle issue. Even new builds have a plasterboard only skip.

--
Adam