Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_4_] John Grossbohlin[_4_] is offline

Default Course hand saw for resawing

"Martin Eastburn" wrote in message ...

http://www.woodcraft.com/product/147...x-412-tpi.aspx
Product Information:
The taper ground blade on this 26" Lynx rip handsaw provides friction-free
cutting, and the hollowing of the back reduces weight,

I have one of those and a Sandvik rip saw... I also have a Lynx 12 pt cross
cut, Disten 8 pt crosscut and a 12 pt Sandvik cross cut. Bought them all
new... have L-N dovetail, L-N cross cut back saw, and an L-N tenon saw also.
They all work fine...

When the Albany NY Woodcraft closed I picked up the Lynx saws on "final
days" clearance. This after going there looking for an 1/8" chisel after
teaching a dovetailing class for NWA... I got all three items for $140
including tax. Seemed like a good deal at the time. ;~)