Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Andrews[_3_] Peter Andrews[_3_] is offline

Default Immersion heater timer

On 12/06/2016 11:57, ARW wrote:
"F" news@nowhere wrote in message
o.uk...
On 11/06/2016 10:19, ARW wrote:
"F" news@nowhere wrote in message
o.uk...
On 08/06/2016 23:06, Capitol wrote:

Use a mechanical timer. IME digital timers are a pain.

I chose digital for the battery backup.

Is the timer because the tank was boiling when the immersion was left on
or for convenience to save you manually switching the HW on and off?

No, I simply didn't want to be heating water in the middle of the day
and during the night when we wouldn't use it.

What timer did you buy?

I have fitted so few that I cannot give a recommendation. The ones I
have fitted have been awkward to fit but seemed to have worked well.

Now what is the difference between these two

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/SMNTT03.html

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/SMNTT04.html

Volt Free contacts :-)

Peter