Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default OT Industries we have lost since being in the EUSSR.

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
harry wrote

Disastrous for UK economy if we leave the EUSSR???????????????

Britain lost its ship building industry while in the EU

Nothing whatever to do with the EU, everything
to do with South Korea getting its act into gear
on ship building and leaving you lot for dead.

There is still shipbuilding in the EU too.

Britain lost its aircraft industry while in the EU

More of your lies. Britain had enough of a clue to get
involved with Airbus and it leaves what aircraft industry
Britain had for dead. And that was possible due to the EU.

Britain lost its textile industry while in the EU

Nothing whatever to do with the EU, everything
to do with the textile industry moving to much
lower labour cost countrys like Bangladesh etc.

Britain lost its rail rolling stock industry while in the EU

Nothing whatever to do with the EU.

Actually that one is.

We are the only major European country that plays by the rules when
tendering rail contracts which have almost all been won by other European
companies and our national industry has all but collapsed because of it

Other EU country game the rules to make sure that their home company wins
bids for local work and hence keep the business afloat

France does
in fact do fine in that area and outside the EU too.

Britain lost its articulated truck industry while in the EU

Nothing whatever to do with the EU, everything to
do with Britain being completely ****ing hopeless
at artics. Plenty of others in the EU do fine in that area.

Britain lost most of its car industry while in the EU

Nothing whatever to do with the EU, everything to do with
Britain being completely ****ing hopeless at car manufacturing.
Plenty of others in the EU do fine in that area.

Actually so do we

just not with historic UK badges on the front,.

Britain lost its coal industry while in the EU

Nothing whatever to do with the EU, everything
to do with the fact that coal mining was never
going to be viable in Britain anymore and that
was true LONG before the EU showed up.

Decline was enhanced by the EU rules about "polluting" fuels which we have
enacted with gusto. Other EU countries have been far slower to do this

tim