Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT ish using Bluetooth crashes my wifi router...

On Fri, 10 Jun 2016 07:28:26 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:
snip good stuff

Not so, if you change the channel on the access point/router, all
connected clients will quickly follow it to the new channel, without any
reconfiguration.

However, you will be more or less garaunteed a full band to your self as
no one else ever changes from the default.

Many routers automatically and continuously select the "best" frequency.

*Personally* I like to first have a listen and see what else is out
there and at what signal strength (WiFi Analyzer app on my phone [1])
and then position the gear I'm working on somewhere 'quiet'.

Cheers, T i m

[1] I have also a WiSpy dongle (WiFi spectrum analyzer) and that was
good for finding rouge kit that was broadcasting all over the WiFi
spectrum. One was a cheap TV sender thing and the other the rear
speakers on a surround sound system (that had stopped functioning and
gone bad (or the other way round)).