Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Washine machine discharge pump - how fast?

On Saturday, 11 June 2016 08:24:38 UTC+1, harry wrote:
On Thursday, 9 June 2016 07:15:36 UTC+1, tabbypurr wrote:
On Thursday, 9 June 2016 06:59:42 UTC+1, harry wrote:
On Wednesday, 8 June 2016 21:34:02 UTC+1, wrote:
We want to move our washing machine to a location in the house where drainage will be difficult. We *could* run 50mm pipe round about 8m of walls with some AAVs, but it seems more sensible to use a pump, most likely a Grundfos Sololift2 C-3 unless anyone has anything to say about it.

To get the right sizing of outlet pipe, we need to estimate the inflow (too small, and the flow will be noisy, too large and the flow will be too slow to self-clean).

Anyone have any idea even vaguely how fast a modern washing machine pump chucks water out?

The pumping out is not a timed operation, the pump runs until the machine is empty.

bzzt wrong answer

However with a long small pipe, you can expect blockages, be sure to leave rodding/cleaning out points.
You must have a fall, horizontal runs will cause problems.

You can buy a ready made pump system BTW.
This will be more trouble free.

http://www.saniflo.com/homeowners/sf...-laundry-room/

lol!

Bzzt ****-fer-brains.
I used to repair these machines many years ago.

saniflos? that says it all.