Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Andrews[_3_] Peter Andrews[_3_] is offline

Default Immersion heater timer

On 10/06/2016 15:27, F wrote:
On 10/06/2016 11:30, F wrote:
On 09/06/2016 18:29, ARW wrote:

Your first job should be to swap the old stat for a dual safety stat
that uses these new fangled Cs. It's actually quite easy in most cases
(apart from when a plumber passes a pipe across the top of it etc).

Post a photo of what you have if you are not sure.

The 18" stats, the most common size, are £10.79 in SF.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/dual-safet...ostat-18/89445

Thanks. Image at
http://s1126.photobucket.com/user/di...0heater%20stat

Just to bring things up-to-date, I discovered how easy it was to take
the thermostat out, found it was a seven inch version, picked one up
from Screwfix (thanks, Adam) and it's installed and working. So far!

Thanks, all, for the help. I'm now educated in immersion heater
thermostats and didn't end up, as I was expecting, having to buy and
install a complete new heater assembly, something I wasn't looking
forward to.

....and what a lot of people don't notice is that anticlockwise
adjustment INCREASES the temperature.

Peter