Posted to uk.d-i-y
RayL12 RayL12 is offline

Default OT ish using Bluetooth crashes my wifi router...

On 06/06/2016 9:50 AM, jim wrote:

I regularly stream audio (Spotify) over Bluetooth from either my
phone or a tablet to a Bluetooth receiver connected to my old but
good hifi.

Every session without fail, doing this makes my wifi router reboot
more than once. I know as my phone will drop onto 3g whilst the
router reboots.

Router is a Thomson tg 785 from Plusnet several years ago.

Any thoughts /pointers gratefully received
TIA

Long shot...

All the wifi of routers everywhere share just 16 frequency bands. By
default, all sending gear and receiving gear is defaulted to band 7. If
you change the band, you must do on all your other devices in & out.
However, you will be more or less garaunteed a full band to your self as
no one else ever changes from the default.

Using the default of 7 means that all neighbours are also clashing
signals that your net has to abandon and ask for a repeat send. You get
lets of dropped packages.

If your Wifi is under such stress already, the bluetooth may be the
tipping point.

Otherwise, I have nothing else to offer.