Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive Page[_2_] Clive Page[_2_] is offline

Default Immersion heater timer

On 08/06/2016 21:45, F wrote:

Meanwhile, anyone got a recommendation for a digital timer? Or do I use
a spare I have that is rated 13 amps and which I use for switching
lighting when we're away?

I would need to replace the present immersion heater switch with a 13
amp socket and put a plug on the heater lead to plug it into the timer.
Any problems there?

It's what I've had for the last couple of years, and works ok so far.
With a load of something like 12 or 13 amps it may be better to use one
of the older style time-switches with a synchronous motor and a
mechanical switch, rather than the new-fangled things full of
electronics - I've have several of these fail on much smaller loads and
would be doubtful of using them for an immersion heater.

--
Clive Page