Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Washine machine discharge pump - how fast?

On Wednesday, 8 June 2016 23:14:19 UTC+1, wrote:
On Wednesday, 8 June 2016 21:43:55 UTC+1, Phil L wrote:
wrote:
We want to move our washing machine to a location in the house where
drainage will be difficult. We *could* run 50mm pipe round about 8m
of walls with some AAVs, but it seems more sensible to use a pump,
most likely a Grundfos Sololift2 C-3 unless anyone has anything to
say about it.

You don't need AAv's for a washing machine, and the pipe doesn't need to be
50mm, also you can plumb the waste from the washing machine into a nearby
soilstack, it doesn't have to go into a gulley.

To get the right sizing of outlet pipe, we need to estimate the
inflow (too small, and the flow will be noisy, too large and the flow
will be too slow to self-clean).

Anyone have any idea even vaguely how fast a modern washing machine
pump chucks water out?

Overcomplicating a very simple job and wasting £250 IMO

Does let us add a shower there though. However, supposing we don't worry about that, I thought max length of 40mm pipe was 3m. Are you saying it'll be alright for a washing machine over 8m and a couple of bends? That is to the stack, there is no gully anywhere near.

If you do encounter difficulty, just fit a 2nd (used) washing machine pump, wired to the first.

NT