Posted to uk.d-i-y
Syd Rumpo[_2_] Syd Rumpo[_2_] is offline

Default Washine machine discharge pump - how fast?

On 08/06/2016 21:34, wrote:
We want to move our washing machine to a location in the house where drainage will be difficult. We *could* run 50mm pipe round about 8m of walls with some AAVs, but it seems more sensible to use a pump, most likely a Grundfos Sololift2 C-3 unless anyone has anything to say about it.

To get the right sizing of outlet pipe, we need to estimate the inflow (too small, and the flow will be noisy, too large and the flow will be too slow to self-clean).

Anyone have any idea even vaguely how fast a modern washing machine pump chucks water out?

IME washing machine pumps don't really pump very well, they just harass
the water into moving on a bit. In a similar situation, I bought a
spare pump, wired it in parallel with the existing pump and put it half
way along the outlet. That worked fine.

Cheers
--
Syd