Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default OT - Car Specifications

On Wed, 08 Jun 2016 12:22:26 +0100
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

The climate control on my ancient BMW in auto mode starts with the fan
just idling on a cold start. Once the coolant gets warm enough, it
ramps up the fan speed to heat the cabin to the set temperature as
quickly as possible. As it approaches that temperature, it ramps down
to a normal quiet speed. And once at temperature, it opens the cold
air vents to the face, if that's what you want. If you select the AC,
it does much the same to cool the car. It works so well I very rarely
touch it.

My Renault Laguna behaves similarly. I just leave the Climate Control in
'Auto', and it does what it needs to do.

--
Davey.