Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Chainsaw

Rod Speed wrote:
wrote

I'm after a chainsaw. They span from £50 Titan to a lot more for Makitas.

What should I look for?

Really depends on what you plan to use it for and what you might use it for.

When used for pruning when up a ladder, there is a lot be said for
an electric one IMO, essentially because motorised chainsaws can
be a pain in the arse to start while up a ladder if they stall unless

You shouldn't use a chainsaw up a ladder unless you've done some
training.

they are easy to start by sort of flinging it away from you. Not a
very good description but can't think of a better way to describe it.

Electric chainsaws are also a lot less hassle maintenance
wise, but are pretty useless if you mostly use them away
from home to cut firewood for burning etc.

I agree about electric. I have a Makita electric one and it's
excellent.

--
Chris Green
·